Monday, 9 January 2012

Looking back at your college magazine task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Since the start of my coursework I believe that I have learnt allot about many technologies such as: blogs, SLR digital cameras, photo editing software and much more. I have also learnt allot of methods to produce the style of front cover, contents page and double page spread. I have learnt allot about the software used that creates a professional finish that I have used in my magazine. There are certain ways of creating a front cover that attracts an audience to buy the product. I leant about these and applied them to my product to give the most professional look. When researching music magazines I learnt allot from popular similar genre magazines. This information was used when creating my product.
I planned the magazine by designing flat plans for my front cover, contents page and double page spread.
My preliminary task was to create a York college magazine for distribution to college students and faculty. I used Adobe Photoshop to create the front cover of the magazine. From this task i learnt the basics of Photoshop that helped me greatly when creating my music magazine. This software is used all over the world and for many media industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment